We had a great time at Zap Zone this evening with all of the BNT family.
Sophomores in EconLit are in the middle phase of the “Main Street Revolution” project. They are creating business plans for the Belleville Downtown Development Authority (DDA).
Thursday, we will be walking downtown to investigate the vacant properties, evaluate competition, research storefront advertising, interview business owners, visit the Chamber of Commerce, and collaborate with their team. In order to participate, they must have a permission slip signed by a parent or guardian. They received a paper copy of this slip in class, but you can also download and print the attached file if necessary. We would like all students to take part in this community connection. Pictures from the event will be posted online at the end of the day Thursday.
The business plan is a required three page essay. It is due on Wednesday, May 29th at Midnight. All of the resources for this essay can be found in the project briefcase for Main Street Revolution. Students who do not submit this essay on time will receive an incomplete for the semester. Students will receive 5 hours of class time to write, but additional time at home may be necessary.
Don’t miss out on the celebration!
Permission slips are available through facilitators and Mr. Wilsey.
They are required and due in advance of the event!!!!
Recap of last meeting: (April 17th)
- -Parade update-further discussion needed, what is student interest?
- -Student Celebrations-Overview of Dodge-ball and Next events: Zap Zone -Upcoming Event
- -U of M support for fundraising, need to focus some energies towards this activity-Ongoing
- -Meet and Greet-Had planning meeting May 1st, still needing family support and donations -Upcoming Event
- -Relay for Life -Upcoming Event May 18/19th
- Parade- Update on student interest, are we still going to try for participation? Do we have student interest for students/parents walking in New Tech t shirts w/the Banner, handing out tootsie rolls or some sort of candy?
- Banners are done! We can pick up following receipt of payment (to be sent this week)
- Student celebrations discussion-Zap Zone; Is there anything PAC needs to support
- U of M Concessions-Discuss ways to gain support for this activity
- Meet and Greet, May 29th Update of Activities, discuss needs
- Mr. Wilsey to discuss Parent Panel for potential new facilitators
- Next Year’s Focus/Goals
Summary of Upcoming May Events
- May 15th PAC Meeting
- May 18th/19th Relay for Life
- May 22nd Zap Zone Celebration
- May 22nd Plan/Explore Parent Night with Food
- May 29th BNT Meet and Greet
Next Meeting: To be announced
Hope you will join us!
May 15th PAC Meeting, 6pm Media Center
May 18th/19th Relay for Life, Canton Heritage Park 10am
May 22nd Zap Zone Celebration, Canton Zap Zone 5pm-8pm
May 22nd Plan/Explore Parent Night with Food, BHS Auditorium 6:30-8:00 pm
May 29th BNT Meet and Greet, 5:30 pm BHS Cafeteria
This meeting we will review the upcoming Meet and Greet plans and action items as well as discuss outstanding issues for the school year and talk about goals for next school year! Please join us!
Nathan S, Devin B, and Paul A created this advertisement for our Zap Zone Celebration.
In the (Zap) Zone
Where: 41953 Ford Road, Canton, MI. 734-844-7746
When: May 22 from 5-8 PM
What: You get pizza/soft drinks and 4 tickets for games/events
Who: Anyone in New Tech is welcome.
How: You may possibly earn a free pass from a facilitator award or pay $15 for tickets no later than May 17. Students need their own transportation.
Tickets can be purchased via cash from Mrs. Young in office 300